Monday, July 6, 2009

Oil in Alaska

I used to be for drilling for oil in Alaska. The truth is the actual footprint of the operations would be very small and the effects on the environment/wildlife would be minuscule. I admit the vehicle I drive is not the very best for gas mileage; however, it does average about 22 mpg for all the driving I do which is not bad. Today I saw a Hummer H2 with a bumper sticker that read "... drill now, pay less". I am no longer in favor of drilling for oil in Alaska. I just can't support people driving vehicles like the H2. Did you know that the H2 is so heavy that it puts it in a class of vehicles that the makers don't even have to put that sticker that tells you about its gas mileage on the vehicle. Truth is, the H2 gets less than 10 miles per gallon and that my friends is something we should not tolerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment