Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Death for a Killer

About two hours from now the state of Virginia will execute by lethal injection John Allen Muhammad the "Beltway Sniper", who terrorized the DC area in the fall of 2002 - hard to believe 7 years have passed. In all he and his accomplice killed ten random people. As you can tell by my previous writings, I am not a supporter of the death penalty. I believe life is God's alone to create and end. That said, if ever a person deserved to be executed, John Allen Muhammad does. I won't shed a tear for him today but I will say a prayer for the families and friends of his victims who will live with the punishment he dolled out for the remainder of their lives. I can't support this execution but if it brings some amount of closure to those families at least some good will have come from it.

A little extra. Did you know that the United States and Japan are the only two developed nations in the world that impose the death penalty?

No comments:

Post a Comment